Tuesday, January 2, 2007

Single Belle Rock!


After a long drawn-out and painful ending to a 3-year relationship just a couple of months ago, I was steeling myself for a deep, dark Blue Christmas. But a good friend once told me that life is not really a roller coaster ride full of breathtaking highs and plunging lows – it’s usually a steady track with both good and bad things happening at the same time. I made a list of all the good things that happened to me this season, and it seems my bud was right:


1. When I was with my ex, Christmas shopping used to be such a chore. He hated shopping, so I had to drag him to all the stores and help him choose gifts for his family, friends, and officemates. Sometimes, I’d even do his shopping on my own and just call him when I’d see something I thought would be good for one of his friends! When you combined his list with my list, the shopping seemed endless, and I almost dreaded going to my beloved malls. This year, though, I rediscovered the thrill of Christmas shopping for just my family and my friends! I even bought my own wrapping paper and bows (in the past, I’d just buy ready-made gift bags), and had personalized gift tags printed by Paper Goose. By the glow of our Christmas tree lights and with soft strains of “chestnuts roasting on an open fire” playing in the background, I was simply brimming with Christmas spirit as I wrapped the prettiest looking presents ala Martha Stewart.


2. I work as a freelance real estate broker, which means I can do things at my own pace and on my own time, and whenever I close a deal, the commission I receive is pretty damn good if I do say so myself. But on the downside, there are dry months when there are just no deals to be closed. This month, though, I closed a really big house and lot sale that will allow me to live in style for the next 6 months. Yay!!


3. Every year, I look forward to all the Christmas and New Year’s parties sure to be thrown by this or that friend, or even some distant acquaintance. But I’d been in a relationship for so long that I’d forgotten just how much fun it is to go to those by myself or with my girl friends! I shopped for new halter tops, hot new jeans, and pairs upon pairs of sexy heels, and I was ready to party!


4. And in spite of my countless trips to the mall for the month of December, when I did the math, I discovered that I had still spent less that I had the previous years, since I no longer had to get a “special” present for a boyfriend. So guess what? I got something special for myself instead – a brand new Canon Ixus digicam that I’ll be using it to take photos to share with you all!


5. Last but not least: About two weeks into December, the editors of StealThatLook contacted me, telling me that they had been reading my regular blog, that they actually loved my sometimes-senseless ramblings, and would I be interested in being StealThatLook’s regular ghost blogger? I was floored! Of course I said YES! So here I am now, in my first-ever blog entry for StealThatLook. I hope you can drop by every now and then. All comments are welcome, and I look forward to reading your posts.


Have a happy new year, you guys! I know I will!

BACK TO HOME PAGE

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You Go Girl!