Thursday, January 4, 2007

Gretchen on the cover of YES! Magazine

I’ve browsed through a few issues of YES! Magazines in the past, though I’ve never actually bought a copy for myself before. I’ve always considered Jo-Ann Maglipon, the magazine’s editor-in-chief, to be one of the country’s best journalists in showbiz. In college, I remember reading and admiring her work on Chaplinesque comic Canuplin.I was in Robinsons Galleria waiting for my sundo when I saw Gretchen on the cover of YES! “Only in YES! 22 pages of Gretchen in Inno Sotto gowns, plus scarves, heels, platforms, bags, makeup, and clothes from her own closet,” reads the cover page. “Exclusive! Gretchen vs Dawn.” Too intrigued to pass it up, I got my first-ever copy of YES!, and settled in a corner in Gloria Jeans with a giant iced tea.


Though I’m not exatly a Gretchen fan, I have to admit, the interview was very well conducted, and the article on her and Dawn was as juicy as showbiz gossip could be (all told from Gretchen’s point of view, as Dawn prefers to keep mum on the issue).


As for the photos, I loved:- The white gown with floral appliqué by Inno Sotto on p.30- Gretchen’s outfit on p. 39: black scoop-neck long-sleeved top by Balenciaga, black skinny pants by Maison Martin Margiela, gold wide-buckle belt by Fendi, and leopard-print wedges by Giuseppe Zanotti- Gretchen’s black suede platform shoes by Prada on p.40- Miu-Miu wedge slingbacks and Christian Louboutin brown platform peep-toes on p.47- Gretchen’s daughter Dominique’s necklaces by Kenneth J. Lane on p.48- Gretchen casual outfit on p.52: a Marc Jacobs striped puffed-sleeve top over Citizens of Humanity skinny jeans, and a Chanel metallic quilted bag.

No comments: